The Alliance has developed a range of training and development options that will help sport and recreation organisations meet the development needs of their leadership.
We’ve also formed partnerships with sector leaders from the business and charity sector to ensure the diversity of our sector is catered for.
We've making a wide range of tools and support available to you to ensure your governance processes are up to date and that you're aware of best practices when it comes to organisational leadership:
- Alliance Directors Club - a hub for existing and aspiring directors and trustees in sport, Club members are provided with a unique opportunity to hone their skills, build up their professional networks and progress their careers.
- Alliance Director training courses – this course is the first director-level training course specifically for members of the sport and recreation sector. It provides essential information on the role and responsibilities of directors, and how these are played out in a sporting context.
- Voluntary Code Workshops – based on each of the principles, these workshops will help you identify the priority areas for attention and provide you with practical guidance as you plan changes to your Board and organisation.
- Charity trustee training – delivered in partnership with the NVCO this training course explains the roles and responsibilities of a sporting trustee, and takes delegates through practical examples in a sporting context
- Introduction to the Code webinar - a recorded webinar talking you through the Code, the aims of implementing it and how to make it work for your organisation
- Governance Library - offering a host of information designed to help sport and recreation organisations with legal compliance, ethical and effective organisational structures, policies, procedures and governance.
- Bespoke consultancy – we have the technical knowledge and understanding of the sector to help sport and recreations of all sizes. Let one of our experts guide you through governance implementation and practices
- Code Connections – one of the best ways to learn and apply the Code is to work with an organisation that has already been through the same process. The Alliance is uniquely positioned to be able to facilitate shared learning and collaboration.