I recently joined the Alliance as the new Membership Development Officer and I’m eager to contact as many of you as I can and start a conversation around how the Alliance can better support you and your organisation to help get the nation active. I’m here to be your voice, listen to your concerns, ideas and help share the magnificent work you do in the sector!
We rely on your feedback and support to make sure we are continually improving and doing the best job possible to support a vibrant sport and recreation sector that is fit for the future. As a reminder, our current member offers and benefits include:
- Receive our daily news summary which provides a snapshot of all the key stories of the day;
- Keep up to date on all the key policy news and developments from across the sector via our monthly policy update from CEO Emma Boggis;
- Receive expert policy and governance advice from our experienced in-house team;
- Receive discounted rates on meeting room space at our offices in Westminster;
- Access free expert advice on anything from tax to employment law to health and safety via our Croner business support helpline;
- Promote your campaigns and news via our social media channels and newsletters;
- Take advantage of exclusive offers from our handpicked corporate partners;
- Attend our industry specific events and training courses at heavily discounted rates;
- Network with like-minded organisations at our divisional meetings.
I am here as your main contact moving forward, so consider me your sport and recreation concierge. I’d love the chance to learn more about your work and how we can help, so let’s schedule some time to catch up. Catch me on email or 020 7976 3939 or alternatively over Skype.
I also want to remind you all that the date for entering the Community and Sport Recreation Awards has been extended to 7th May, which is rapidly approaching! These awards have been celebrating the great work at a grassroots level for over two decades and they are free and quick to enter. There are five categories with £5000 worth of prize money up for grabs – check them out and get yourself entered.
Finally, a reminder that the 2017 Sports Summit takes place on 24 May at the Emirates Stadium in London. This annual event brings the sector together to discuss issues that affect the sport and recreation sector. We will be asking if we are actively embracing diversity, are we safe and inclusive so that everyone is encouraged to be more active, and do we have the right skills in place and the desire to change? The full programme is available here and spaces are filling up so if you would like to join in on the conversation please book your ticket here.
Keep an eye out for me at all the events we have coming up, I look forward to meeting you soon.